Tuesday, July 26, 2011

O’Hair reignites season with R11

Sean O’Hair continued the terrific trend of TaylorMade winners this season by bagging his fourth PGA Tour career title at the Canadian Open.

The American, who had missed nine of his last 12 cuts to fall to a lowly 114th in the world rankings, powered his way back into the limelight at the treacherous Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club after defeating compatriot Kris Blanks on the first extra hole.

O’Hair performed admirably off the tee with his ever-popular white Taylormade R11 driver, ranking third in driving distance at 299.6 yards.
The 29-year-old from Texas was also laser-like with his Tour Preferred MB forged irons, ranking inside the top-20 in greens in regulation.

“I think this week the golf swing and the game has been there, but mentally I was a lot better,” said O’Hair, who vaulted to the World No.60 spot with his playoff victory.
“I've wanted to play myself out of this slump so bad, and I've been getting in my own way. This week I did a better job.
“I still need to work on it, but I did a better job to stay out of my own way and playing good golf and letting the chips fall where they may.”

TaylorMade drivers have now been used in 33 victories worldwide in 2011 - more than any other brand.
On the European Tour, Alexander Noren landed the Nordea Masters by seven strokes for his second title in seven weeks with his trusted Callaway bats.

Noren ranked first in greens in regulation with his Callaway RAZR X irons, seventh in driving distance at 299.9 with the Callaway RAZR Hawk yards and ninth in driving accuracy.
News from golfmagic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment